Monday, January 19, 2015

A series of conversations.

Hello again everyone! It's been quite the week- S. has been sick with bronchitis so getting to the computer has been next to impossible. That and she added a new American Girl doll to her collection last week who is also sharing the computer with me. So it's been tough!

We've been a little quiet around here for the past couple of months. I didn't lie when I said a lot has happened, because it has, but things finally seem to be picking up a little bit more. The most excitement around my room lately has been the addition of a new cat to the room. She's super sweet and doesn't try to eat my hands like the other cat does! So I suppose that's a good thing...

Anyways, back to my life! Ariel, Belle, & I have spent the better part of the last two months just getting to know one another and relaxing. We've been left pretty much alone in my little room to our own lives. I've gotten to know the layout of S.'s room pretty well but haven't been able to explore the rest of the house. S. likes to keep her room door shut during the day to protect her dolls, or so she told me.



Today started out like any other day until I felt a shuddering beneath my very floors. My room was moving! Through S.'s room into a hallway and then into the bright living room. S. sat down the room and explained that today was my lucky day to explore a little bit. Ariel and Belle both looked a little shell shocked, I couldn't blame them! It was the most excitement we've had in ages!


I'm going to be honest, as a Rapunzel doll I have a bit of a need to explore. Being stuck in one spot has left me a little down... and it's been hard. I've been longing for even a peek at the outdoors, and so the first thing I was drawn to was a HUGE window. I could fit through it several times!


I'm not going to lie to you followers- I almost felt like I could cry at the sight. I mean it was the outdoors, and it was beautiful! But somehow I had imagined it would be warm- and that maybe S. would even let me outside to frolick in the sunshine and green grass. As you can see it's not exactly that kind of weather here at the moment.


I heard a commotion behind me, not even realizing that it was Belle carrying Ariel over to me at the window. They each put a comforting hand on me, letting me both take in the sight and work through my thoughts. 


"It's really not that bad, Rapunzel," said Belle softly. "Winter is harsh here and we do end up spending a lot of time inside... but S. has been known to let us out in the snow. It's just been too cold lately and she's afraid of us getting ruined." 


"She's right," added Ariel. "And in the summer she took us outdoors all of the time to take photos and to explore around. I'm willing to bet we'll be out even more because it'll be our first spring and summer in this new home!" 


How could I disagree with my wonderful friends? After all, they had been with S. for longer and knew the routine of being one of her dolls. It had been a bit of a boring winter so far, but I had so much more that I could have going wrong. I could still be at the Disney Store for one! I could also be broken, or lost. I've got a great home with more adventures to come. Heck, I can even blog about it! So without a word I just turned to my friends and smiled. They knew exactly how to cheer me up. 



And guess what? There's an even happier ending to this post- I talked to S. about my feelings and she's agreed that it's about time we all get a bit of fresh air. So hopefully my next post will be one filled with snowy fun! 

Thanks to my 3 (!!!) followers! You are a huge motivation to keep blogging. I'll be checking in soon, hopefully with a post that's more exciting!


3 comments:

  1. Yay! A new post plus an opportunity for you to go outside! My best advice is to be careful in the snow... it's easy to get hurt! :)

    Meg <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Meg! I feel bad that there wasn't more 'meat' to my post, but hopefully that'll change next time! I'll be sure to be careful in the snow. S is planning on finding me some shoes to cover my bare feet. I didn't even think about how cold that would be, even on plastic!

      Rapunzel

      Delete
  2. I understand your feelings, Rapunzel. :-). Here it isn't snowy....just cold and blech. ;-). Jan informed me yesterday that we are not to go outside until it's at least 50 degrees...and I'm like, say what? Of course, she can go outside whenever she pleases. She did say that she might be taking a trip to our disney store sometime soon, and will take one of us with her. Yay! :D

    So glad to see another post, Rapunzel!! :-).

    ~ Snow

    ReplyDelete