Thursday, October 1, 2015

Hello October

Hey there everyone. Long time no see!

Before the riot begins, let me explain... We've moved! That's right, S came in one morning and woke all three of us up with the news. She had gotten a new job and it required that we move that same weekend. Much like our time in the Disney Store we were packed up again only to wait until it was time to resurface. And here we are!

Warm weather has come and nearly gone, but it's still a beautiful time to be outside. Many of us around here count fall as our favorite season and so here is our long awaited (and promised!) outdoors post.

It was a cool and blindingly sunny day when S. unboxed us and gave us the most welcome news of all: we would be allowed to go outside. Imagine our surprise when we saw that we no longer had a beautiful lawn space to frolic in our princess dresses but a wooden patio overlooking a parking lot.



"I hope you know you've downgraded in this respect," Belle said. I blushed with embarrassment, because I had been thinking the same thing!

"I know, but our indoor space is much nicer and conducive to our living needs," stated S. "Not to mention, I figured you guys might have a heck of a time pretending the bars on the patio are locking you in a tower!"

"No offense, S, but I think we'd all agree that we've worked hard enough to separate ourselves from our princess likeness," I added.

With a shrug of her shoulders S. left us to our ourselves. Before I was able to begin the awaited interview with Ariel she plopped herself flat on the wooden floor, basking in the sunlight.



"Isn't this the greatest? The sun on my vinyl is the best feeling in the whole wide world! Now if only I could tan... Don't I look like a fish out of water?"

Belle & I both snorted at her remark. "Very punny. Now, onto your interview!"

After a brief pause where Belle and I helped Ariel get situated in a better spot we were ready to begin.



"So tell me Ariel, what is your greatest dream?"

"Well, I'd be lying if I said I didn't want a better outfit..." She answered with a laugh. "Being a mermaid is great and all but I'd love to learn how to dance and WALK! Beyond that though I would love to fall in love and spend my days helping other vinyl friends with their hair."

"Do you mean you'd be fine living with S. forever?"

"Are you saying you wouldn't? Of course I would! It's cozy here and we don't have to worry about ever being donated. She's even promised me to bring some boy dolls around these parts."

"What do you mean boy dolls?! Oh, forget it. I'll interrogate S. myself on that one. What was your experience like in the Disney Store?"

"It went rather swimmingly if I might say so myself. I had a group of Ariel's and a Tiana who I spent most of my days chatting to. I loved the sing alongs and was pretty comfortable in my box at the time. Too bad I didn't have a better view of the Princes. Word was they were pretty cute, even through the layer of plastic! Except one prince... poor fellow was packaged with a mask over his face! Can you imagine? How would you know what was even going on?"

"That does sound bad... like something right out of a fairytale! Now Ariel, I have one last question for you. How did you and Belle meet? I met you both at the same time and you seemed like pretty good friends at that point."



"We were purchased together on a Disney Store deal. S. told us that Belle was her childhood princess and that she thought I looked most like my character, and the rest is history. Coming home together into the unknown is enough to make anyone bond. I guess it helps too that Belle spent a couple of months having to try and carry me herself if we wanted to go anywhere."

"Thanks Ariel. That was very enlightening."

We spent the rest of the time goofing off and posing for pictures before carrying Ariel back into the house and to our room.





Little did we know S. had a major surprise in store for us... More on that next time!

Hugs,

Rapunzel (Belle & Ariel too!)




4 comments: